According to Margot Robbie, the female “Pirates of the Caribbean” adaptation, in which she was slated to play the lead role, has been cancelled during a conversation with “Vanity Fair.”
Disney wanted to make a female reboot starring Margot Robbie after Johnny Depp left the Pirates of the Caribbean cast. But after a while, more was needed to hear about this project. The actress revealed that the project is now formally dead in Vanity Fair.
“I get the feeling they don’t want to do it anyway,” she says. We had an idea and had been working on it for a while.”
The Disney film was announced in June 2020 and would be in early production. “We had an idea and had been working on it for a while to make a more female-led story,” Robbie said. “Not feminine but a slightly different story, which we think would have been pretty cool.”
Robbie’s claim is startling, considering that Pirates series producer Jerry Bruckheimer claimed to be in negotiations with the actress back in May of this year. He informed The Sunday Times, “Margot Robbie is on the line.” “We are developing two Pirates scripts, one with her and one without her.”
The producer responded when asked if Johnny Depp and his Jack Sparrow character would appear in at least one of the two:
At this point, no. The future has yet to be decided. It must be said, however, that on more than every occasion, the actor had denied his possible return to the beloved pirate role.
Will Johnny Depp return for Pirate of the Caribbean 6
He repeated his substantial departure from the Pirates of the Caribbean series at the recent trial in which he appeared in front of his ex-wife, Amber Heard. He asserted that he would not return to work for Disney, even if the company promised to pay him $300 million and give him a million alpacas.